About Me

My photo
Hi fellow bloggers, My name is Bridget Horsey and I'm a second year student currently studying the course Managing E Learning at CQ University, Noosa Hub. This blog page is a page where I will post comments reflecting on my thoughts and opinions on different digital tools associated with e. learning. I look forward to learning, expanding and enhancing my existing repertoire of technological competencies within the 21st century society we live in. Warm regards, Bridget Horsey.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A blog about blogs

When I was first told I had to create my own blog page I was immediately afraid. I was afraid of what a blog was, what it did and how to use a blog. For some reason I was afraid to learn about this foreign technological monster. However as a Learning manager I need to be open to learning new things and the change that is evident in every aspect of my life. So firstly I researched on the moodle site about blogs which gave me a sound understanding. To back it up I watched a useful online video called “Blogs in plain English” by Common Craft.



I now understand that a blog is similar to a journal but it is available on the web. Blogs are websites which are made up of blog posts where the blogger posts different information to share with other people. After creating my own blog I can now confidently say I am no longer afraid of being a blogger, I have come to the realization that blogs are easy to use and effective ways of recording your thoughts about different things, and recording different information relevant to different topics.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to add to my post about blogs. Throughout my e-learning journey as I have been making blog comments and posting ono my peers blogs, I have realised just how great blogs are. As I learn about tools and comment about them I am forced to reflect on their effectivenes and how they could be used in the classroom. Other students can comment on my information giving me their ideas which are usually things I have never thought of or would not have seen that side of things if they hadnt commented on my blog. I have come to the realisation that the assesment for this course is a very good example of how I could use blogs in the classroom with my students. For this very same purpose, to allow them to record their thoughts and ideas and collaborate further with their peers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget,

    I completely agree with you about blogs. I never realised how this tool could be used within the classroom and the benefits it would have upon the students. Through engaging with this course and creating my own blog I agree that it has been so helpful to read others posts, comment on their posts and recieve feedback from them. This online collaboration has been excellent in terms of giving me the opportunity to go back over what I thought I knew, and make new meanings or understandings.

    You could definately use a blog within the classroom for students to blog about their thoughts or knowledge, collaborate with thier peers and then go back and revise.

    Elly

    ReplyDelete