About Me

My photo
Hi fellow bloggers, My name is Bridget Horsey and I'm a second year student currently studying the course Managing E Learning at CQ University, Noosa Hub. This blog page is a page where I will post comments reflecting on my thoughts and opinions on different digital tools associated with e. learning. I look forward to learning, expanding and enhancing my existing repertoire of technological competencies within the 21st century society we live in. Warm regards, Bridget Horsey.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Google Earth




Google Earth has been officially acclaimed amazing by Bridget Horsey!

Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographic information program which allows you to view satellite imagery, maps and 3D buildings anywhere on earth and even from outer space. This program is a great resource for students and teachers to use as it allows you to view images from all over the world. I believe google earth could be effectively used in many different subjects, such as Geology, Math and Biology. For example a year 7 history class could explore the great pyramids of Egypt and view Tutankhamun’s tomb. When using Google Earth for such purposes I believe it will proove to be very engaging and stimulating for students.

When i first used Google Earth I found images of where I live, then I searched to find the place I would prefer to live in the Maldives. Then I decided to use Google Earth for more educational purposes. For purposes in the classroom their are different applications of Google Earth, one in particular is Google Lit Trips which is an interactive resource that brings literature to life.

Wow, I never knew how great Google Earth is, each time I use it I am immersed by it’s power to engage and captivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment