About Me

My photo
Hi fellow bloggers, My name is Bridget Horsey and I'm a second year student currently studying the course Managing E Learning at CQ University, Noosa Hub. This blog page is a page where I will post comments reflecting on my thoughts and opinions on different digital tools associated with e. learning. I look forward to learning, expanding and enhancing my existing repertoire of technological competencies within the 21st century society we live in. Warm regards, Bridget Horsey.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Voki Avatars



Voki is a free interactive software program available on the web, which allows you to create your own personalized avatar. In simple terms it is creating a character that will speak a message that you either pre record or type. Once you have created your avatar you can upload it to your website, blog, wiki or email to friends. Voki avatars are great to use in the classroom, the Voki website states that Vokis:
- Motivate students to participate
- Nourish students creativity
- Improve message comprehension.
- Personalize relationships with students.
- Effective language learning.
I think Voki avatars are fantastic tools, they can be used to help engage students and enthuse them to learn about the information being presented through the Voki. I enjoyed creating my Voki, and enjoyed watching my creation once it was made.

1 comment:

  1. After discussing Vokis with Talia on her blog I was posed with the negative impact of Vokis of which I had never considered. Due to the fact that you can write anything for your avatar to speak means that children could use the tool for bullying purposes or any other inappropriate activity. Considering this aspect I came to the conclusion that rather then not allowing students to use Vokis, you could allow them too, though monitor what they create and set out clear rules.

    ReplyDelete